Now that the olympics are over and the sun is still out, why not peel yourself away from the TV and step back out in to your glorious garden and throw you and your friends a gorgeous Summer BBQ!
Make sure you wow your guests by decorating your table and outside space by following some tips from our Interior/Still life Stylist Sally Cullen...
1. Make the most of the sunshine and get outside; who cares if your garden furniture has seen better days? Simply throw over a decent tablecloth and a warm rug for when it gets dark and you’ll be comfortable in no time.
2. Enjoy a stylish al fresco lunch in the sun by creating a pretty table centre. All you need are some freshly cut flowers or herbs from the garden arranged in a old jam jar or glass jug. Finish off with a big stack of white plates and plenty of glasses for that all important summer cocktail!
3. Keep it simple and grab a deckchair. There are tonnes of deckchairs available with cool, quirky, modern designs and nothing could be more relaxing than easing yourself into a deckchair with a good book on a sunny day.
4. Brighten up breakfast at the weekend buy decamping outside or onto a balcony. Catch a few rays over brunch for the perfect way to start your day.
5. Summer wouldn’t be summer without the lure of an ice cold lolly on a hot day (see main pic). Pile ice into a colourful trug or window box, add your ice lollies and ice-creams then provide bowls of toppings such as nuts and chocolate buttons. Then simply sit back and watch them disappear….
Check out Sally Cullen’s portfolio here…