When it comes to summer hair, the best styles require minimum effort, defy humidity and have a beachy golden glow.
Hairstylist Matthew Wade has offered us his advice on creating a natural summer look without having to go to the salon.
- If you are a natural dark blonde and you want to lighten in a natural way, apply either lemon or lime juice which will help attract the sun and therefore give you free highlights!
- Those of you who have mid to long length hair can try getting really long layers cut into your style, graduating at the front to help get a beachy surfy look. When you tie your hair up after your day in the sun, these layers will not only frame your face, they will also compliment your sunkissed skin.
- Depending your vanity levels on the beach, people with straight mid to long length hair can try twisting damp sections of hair and clipping into place to achieve a relaxed wavy look.
- Do you have a block coloured tint? If so, wear a hat! There is nothing worse for this style than harsh sunlight. To avoid losing the colour keep those locks hidden!
- When moving from beach to bar, why not try a deep side parting plait tucked behind the ear. You can mix this up by only half plaiting the hair and keeping the remaining hair in a ponytail for a very on trend summer look.
- If you can’t make it into the sunshine this year, give a half head of tinted highlights a go. Your friends will be asking where you have been…
- If you are low maintenance and like to have a more clean cut look, keep your hair in a gamine crop for the easiest to handle style. This style works in any colour.
- Luckily, the seaside makes almost everyones hair more voluminous and wavy. So pack your bags now!